Honor is letting someone know you see how valuable they
Ask a kid:
• What things do you think are valuable?
• How can people be valuable?
• Who do you know that should be honored for something?
Ask a grown up:
• Share about a time when you gave someone a chance
and were surprised by what you found.
• Who are some groups of people that might be overlooked?
• How can we honor those who don’t get a lot of recognition?
Medals of Honor are the highest awards that can be given
to people serving in the military. This month is Veteran’s Day,
and even though we can’t give everyone a Medal of Honor,
we can still thank them for their service. As a family, decide
to honor men and women who have served our country.
Invite a veteran that you know over for dinner and ask them
questions about their service and listen to their experiences.
Gather your family for an awards night! Have everyone dress in
his or her best clothes and plan a fun meal. Each family member
will give awards to the other family members using objects
you can find around your house or by making certificates with
markers and construction paper. Be creative, have fun, and let
your family know you see how valuable they really are!